- First, I lit a candle and burned some sage (one of the oldest and purest methods of cleansing).
- I put some water into a small bowl and added a drop of valor essential oil (courage in a bottle).
- I wrote the things I want to release from my life onto strips of paper with purple non-permanent ink.
- I read aloud what I had written and then coiled each piece of paper.
- Next I put each piece of coiled paper into the water individually and watched as it uncoiled and turned the water a beautiful purple hue as the ink released from the paper.
- My Beacon of Light presided over the ceremony.
For me, this was a meaningful way to ground myself in what I want to release in a visual and symbolic way. This will help me to physically transform and let go of those things that no longer serve me.
This quote from Sheryl Paul seemed to fit the occasion so well "When a woman slows down, she drops into the original nature of her womanhood. Lulled on the gentle waves of her inner waters, she finds her essence, her instincts, and she knows all that she needs to know. In these hidden, quieter regions, she allows herself to grieve the ending of an aspect of herself and welcome the new beginning. In this place of deep knowing she realizes that within the frantic search for 'perfect' ... another search is taking place. It is through this second, quieter quest that the true transformation... occurs."
If you haven't done a releasing ritual, I encourage you to try it. There is no right or wrong way; just do what feels right to you.